LOCATION: The Floating Library is taking place on the Lilac Museum Steamship that is berthed at Hudson River Park's Pier 25 at West Street and N. Moore Street. Please note that N Moore Street is closed between Hudson and Greenwich Street for construction until Oct. 28, 2014.
SUBWAY: 1 train to Franklin Street, A/C/E to Canal Street and exit at Walker Street
HOURS: Sept. 6th 2014-Oct. 3rd 2014 Saturday & Sunday 2-7PM; Wed.-Fri. hours vary, please see HERE for the schedule of events and hours.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
Welcome to a device-free zone! In order to encourage visitors to fully engage with their surroundings, mobile devices will need to be powered-off upon entering the library. To respect all readers, all visitors must remain silent on the Floating Library. There is a Discussion Room reserved for meaningful exchanges.
Click here to see some photos of the Lilac.
TIPS ON VISITING THE LIBRARY
- The Lilac Museum Steamship is an industrial archaeological artifact and a historic site. Use caution, respect the space and accompany small children at all times.
- The boat is docked, but if you have motion sickness issues, please take necessary precautions.
- BYOB (Bring Your Own Book) if you have something you want to finish reading and just want to enjoy the environment
- Return books where you found them
- Bring a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen!
- Wear comfortable shoes that you can climb a ladder with.
- There are two restrooms aboard and a larger public restroom on the pier towards the West Side Highway. As we are all volunteers, please be courteous and clean up after yourself as there is no poop fairy!